Monday, October 17, 2016
Sunday, July 31, 2016
Various new technologies for DNA sequencing were developed by late 1990s. Nonetheless, they could be brought into commercial framework as DNA sequencers by the year 2000.
Lynx Therapeutics published and marketed “Massively Parallel Signature Sequencing”, or MPSS in 2000. This method introduced a “parallelized, adapter/ ligation-mediated, bead-based sequencing technology” and served as the first commercially available “next generation” sequencing method at that time.
In 2004, 454 Life Sciences incorporated and marketed a parallelized version of pyro-sequencing. The first version of their machine amazingly reduced sequencing costs 6-fold compared to automated Sanger sequencing. It was the second of the new generation of sequencing technologies, after MPSS.
New Generation Sequencing (NGS), also known as high-throughput sequencing, furnishes a number of different modern sequencing technologies. Different types of modern sequencers are doing the job perfectly.
- Roche 454 DNA sequencer
- Life Technologies
- Pacific Biosciences (PacBio RS)
- Beckman Coulter
- Oxford Nanopore
NGS can be used to sequence whole genome or constrained to specific areas of interest including all 22000 coding genes or small numbers of specific genes of human. Now scientists are using NGS methods to sequence the whole genomes of different organisms frequently.
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
In a 32-bit computer, data buss size is 32-bits wide, wherein buss size gets doubled in a 64-bit computer, so 64 bit computer is capable of carrying twice the size of data around the system elements.
- 64-bit machines are having more advanced security features like Kernel Patch Protection
- 64-bit device drivers are digitally signed to avoid random crashes.
- Context to web surfing it may not demonstrate significant difference but heavy graphics processing and scientific calculations will be more efficient in 64 bit computers.
- Strongly recommended for graphics applications ie: photo, video, games, CAD, etc.
- A 64-bit OS allows you to run greater memory wherein 32-bit restricted to maximum of 4 GB RAM.
Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Diagnostic is the key element of health treatment process; Even experts need patients’ diagnostic done to identify disorder precisely. In the present scenario, abundance of labs doesn't guarantee precise diagnostic as all the samples might not under go testing as quickly as taken from patients, and tend to loose its veracity. Also, there are many chances for samples not reaching to diagnostic equipment in original form, so results can always be challenged.
There are many reasons for lack of precision in lab reports:-
• Poor collections logistics and process.
• Quality and advancement of technology usage.
• Intention behind test recommendation.
More than 80% diagnostics ordered by physicians turn out with negative results! Isn’t it big surprise? My mind is trying to disentangle few questions-
1. Aren't Physicians qualified enough in triage process?
2. Is Physician’s intention restricted to precise diagnostic?
3. Does lab test charges includes Physicians’ commission as well?
Monday, November 26, 2012
Graphics registers faster than textual information, so dashboards speak an international language. Study after study, experiment after experiment has proven that information in visual forms have superior precision; even researchers claim- visual information quickly affects both cognitive and emotional system of a human.
Communication do exist since birth of human civilization. Information through representational elements like images and graphics are deciphered simultaneously by human brain while language is decoded in a linear and sequential fashion.
Context to decision making process, quick availability of actionable information is key for all the business enterprises. Performance Dashboards are designed specially for business executives to visualize business performance and make decision for next course.
Dashboards are highly effective business intelligence tools, nonetheless there are basic slip-ups made while designing a dashboard, which leads to unrewarding intelligence as well as ineffective practice.
Some points to keep in mind while designing a executive dashboards:-
1. Lets not clutter the information – Make sure it provides at-a-glance views of KPIs
2. Designers to wear executive shoes - Focus on information sequence.
3. Right chart for information precision– Its not Rangoli to be designed, so usage of charts to be objective.
4. Remember your car Dashboard– Limit overview in just a single page.
Every executive would like to see their business performance of each products & services on various time scales, and further drilldown to region, locations, entity level. They would also be interested to learn ROI on each specific product and service in entity level and data aggregation back to top.
Psychologist Albert Mehrabian demonstrated that 93% of communication is nonverbal so dashboards should have information synchrony and reciprocity between business and executives. Business performance dashboards should be made discrete using interactive maps drilling down to region, location, entity levels.
Dashboards should provide visibility to critical business activities and a complete overview business activities with easy-to-read interface along with historical trends of an business KPIs (key performance indicators) to enable instant and appropriate decisions at a glance.
Thursday, November 1, 2012
- Pranav Mistry, a research fellow of MIT Media Lab, USA is working on integrating physical objects with digital objects - Gesture transmission into information by seamless integration with real world.
- Weijun Li and Longyi Shao of University of Mining and Technology, China are working on transmission of electron (aerosol) particles from one location to another.
- Telekommunisten is working on transformative power of digital communications to the physical sphere with a global sharing platform for the transmission of physical objects - packet dissemination through pneumatic tubes.
- Location Information (Geo-codes of Source & Destination)
- Body decompounding at source and compounding in destination
- Compression and Transmission of decompounded data
- Temporary storage of decompounded data
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Thursday, March 1, 2012
On a lighter note- Isn't office cannibalism to be a required subject in college course? It can be better framed in beautiful titles like "corporate attitude" or "real keys to corporate success" or so on... for effective POS!– Education evangelists to give it a thought!
Submissive Note - Lets not put label of ‘Explorer’ or ‘Soldier’ or ‘Aghori’ on ‘office cannibalism/ politics’ experts in corporate land :)